Monday, November 12, 2012

This time last year...

One year ago today I was sitting in a hotel in Petersburg VA... They only had the king suite left so there my ass was sitting in this huge room which had to have been bigger then our first apartment all alone eating a salad at the desk with the TV on because the silence was enough to make me want to vomit (I guess that's when my whole sleeping with the TV on thing started...)

I had just visited my husband in the psych ward of all places and while I was so glad I got to see him and he was ok and our marriage was totally fine and everything I had been told was a lie I was so emotionally drained and all I could think about was how tired I was, how lonely I was and how I could wait for the night to end so I could be with him again...

Poplar Springs was so good to both of us... When I finally made it there it was well past visiting hours and they still let me in and had dinner waiting for me it was so kind of them and I instantly felt like I could trust them and knew Josh was being taken care of.

I'm just so glad this day is over and as much as I love my birthday I really think its always going to be scarred by the memories of what happened last year... Sad but true...

No comments:

Post a Comment