Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Reality

It feels like a lifetime ago that I was running away to marry the boy who's green eyes took my breath away... Who's smile stopped my heart... Who's presence calmed my soul...

8 years doesn't sound like that long but for me it's like an eternity... I don't even know that girl I was anymore... 21 year old me would never have believed me if I told her what her life would become...

I miss her she was young and hopeful... She was steady, she was sure... Now she's dead... The boy with the green eyes killed her... He took away her trusting nature, he took away her ability to blindly love... He shattered her soul... He broke her. He murdered her...

But now here I am on the other side... I'm wearing a diamond ring with 2 of the most beautiful blue sapphires I've ever seen on each side... A pure loving man gave me it... He picked me... with all my broken pieces, a woman who will always be just a little bit in love with a ghost with green eyes... This man, his amazing caring loving man, is slowly but surely bringing me back to life...

I'll never be who I was before the green eyed boy stole my soul but as I sit here I feel sure, more sure then I've been about anything in a long long time. The green eyed boy might have killed me but the blue eyed man is quickly breathing life back into me...

I said yes to the blue eyed man in May, its August now. Saying yes was the best word I ever said. He went out of his way to make the day I said yes perfect, everything I ever dreamed of and more... Down on 1 knee at Disney World. He took me to my happy place to make me happier then I've ever been... He took me to my happy place, the only place that was never touched by Josh's injuries and illness to bring me back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment