Friday, December 4, 2015

Airborne Love Notes

It feels so good to be honest here... To be able to write again, to not be living in the shadows.

For so long I lived hidden. I hid his injuries, I hid his diagnosis, I his his infidelity, I hid our problems. I don't want to hide anymore.

I turned 28 this past week... So strange to think this time 7 years ago I was 21... I was young and full of life, planning my life with a man who I believed was my forever... And now here I am again in the same situation.

I can't promise that the boy is my forever, I'm older now, wiser... I know what I want and I'm not willing to settle but I know I'm happy.

While we are so similar in so many ways were also very different and only time will tell if those differences are too great... I won't over look those things again like I did will Josh...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him... I do, every day... But I don't miss the man he is, I miss the man he was... The man only I'm mourning... It's an odd feeling to mourn someone who's standing in front of you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment