Sunday, October 7, 2012

My husband has finally come home

It's been almost a year since world came crashing down... It's been almost 5 years since the first he came home, almost 2 since the second time he came home and for the first time I feel like I'm really living with my husband again.

He is finally here with me again... I can see it in his eyes, he's looking at me not replaying scenes from Afghanistan on the wall behind me... He doesn't look like he can see though me anymore... He kisses me and smiles and laughs and loves.

He goes out of his way to make me feel safe and supported and loved. He has become the man I fell in love with again and I've never been so happy.

He's so healthy right now that part of me wants to say lets call off the MEB or say let's try life without the meds but I know those things aren't options as quickly as he came home he can leave again it could happen in the blink of an eye, it could happen in the plan of 1 missed pill...

He's better but he's not if that makes any sense... It's all smoke and fog and anti depressants but ill take it... For the time being, he's home and the man I married and I plan to enjoy every moment with him to the fullest we have a lot of lost time to make up for <3

No comments:

Post a Comment