Monday, October 1, 2012

Lucky

Every day I post here about all the things that are wrong in my life but today is going to be different. Today I'm gonna write about how lucky I am.

I am so blessed.

The other day a news story came out that we had hit 2000 Military deaths in Afghanistan... My husband wasn't one of them.

Josh is alive which is something that those 2000 wives can not say and that breaks my heart...

Yes he came home emotionally and mentally broken but physically he came home whole and safe... For that I thank God every day... I donate blood every chance I get at Walter Reed so that the soldiers who weren't as lucky as Josh have the blood they need to heal.

He loves me... He is my soul mate and he loves me and I am married to him and I'm so thankful he's mine...

He loves me for who I am, he wants me for me and doesn't want me to be anyone I'm not... He gives me the freedom to be myself and has helped me grow...

He doesn't tell me what I can or can't do, he never tells me I can't have something, he homes me when I'm sick and kisses my forehead when I cry and holds my hand when I'm in pain...

He's my other half and I love him as much as he loves me.

We are so lucky and so blessed and so thankful...

I have a beautiful basset hound who I love to the moon and back... She's perfect...

I have a beautiful home that we own.. A home that we can stay in for years, forever if we so choose, a home we can raise a family in... For the first time we have a home that we don't have to leave in 6 months or a year... It's ours.

I have a family that loves me and stands by me though anything... A family who has forgiven my mistakes and love me in spite of them.

I'm gonna close this post up with the lyrics to a song called "Who I am" by Jessica Andrews it kinda sums this all up...

"I am Rose Mary's granddaughter the spitting image of my father and when the day is done my mama's still my biggest fan... Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy but I've got friends who love me and know exactly where I stand its all a part of me and that's who I am"

No comments:

Post a Comment