Sunday, September 9, 2012

The PCS

We got our orders during the second deployment, Report to Fort Myer VA on August 10th,2011.  We took about a month of leave, clearing housing on July 12th,2011 and leaving Washington State on July 14,2011.

We drove out behind the JIPPSO truck.  Josh was totally calm on our trip and during the almost month we spent in New Jersey with my family.

It took us 5 days to get across the US stopping in Montana twice, North Dakota twice, and Wisconsin.

It was an amazing trip and I really thought Josh was doing better... I really believed our lives were going to be different in VA... I tried so hard to lie to myself, lie to our friends, lie to our families, lie to the doctors and tell everyone it was just Fort Lewis that the kennels at Lewis were the issue the stress at Lewis was the issue the high rate of deployment was the issue...

I told myself and anyone who would listen to me that our lives were going to change in VA... that Ft Myer would be our saving grace that there was nothing wrong with Josh and he just needed a break, he needed time away from Afghanistan and a few days off...

I was so wrong...


Looking back I wish we would have taken the trip slower... We wanted to get to NJ as quickly as possible but we believed back then that we would get a chance like this again... we believed we would get to PCS again at some point... we had no idea what was about to happen...












No comments:

Post a Comment